Queen's College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Een widget
Endorsed Forums
Link partners
Link partners
Link partners

Trapped in an Elevator

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:07 pm
Despite being late for one of his classes, Oliver did not seem to be in a hurry at all. Instead, he took his time to order himself a coffee before he would go to the fifth floor to join the others. After he had received the beverage and paid, Oliver strolled in the direction of the elevators. Oliver avoided using the stairs since he didn’t want to enter class looking like he had just run a whole marathon and panting from exertion. At the elevator, another person was waiting who already pushed the button to make it come down to the first floor. Oliver threw them a quick smile after which he reached for his phone to check his messages. Not long after, the doors opened and Oliver entered the lift after the other person had done so. As the elevator rose, Oliver watched the passing of floor numbers on the screen. First, they went by floor two, then three, and just when he expected that number four would be on display the elevator stopped suddenly. Oliver waited for the doors to open and close so it would continue his way, but even after pushing the button for opening doors nothing happened. ”Fuck,” he muttered, eyeing the other person as if he was hoping that they would have an answer to this.

[open]
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers
IC posts : 36

Quote : Is it still a walk of shame if you look so good as me?

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:40 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
For her first day there wasn’t a lot she still had to do, but she did have to see someone, a principal or someone like that, before she could head down towards the classrooms. She didn’t exactly know why, but apparently he wanted to talk to her. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she dropped in during the semester, and thus was a bit late. Calmly she was standing near the elevator, because there was no way that she was going to walk her ass over to the fourth floor, way too many stairs. Another young man joined her with a coffee in his hand and she shortly flashed him a soft smile before redirecting her eyes back on the elevator door, waiting a little impatiently for the number to go down until the door opened.

After she stepped inside she took out her phone as well, shortly checking for messages but she had none. Her eyes then moved back to the boy standing with her, trying to make up her mind about him. But then suddenly the lift stopped without reaching the fourth floor, and the doors didn’t open either. Immediately she frowned, what was happening? The sudden ‘fuck’ that sounded startled her for a moment, and then it hit her too. Her eyes quickly moved to the buttons beside her and she frantically began to push them, maybe a bit out of panic because she didn’t know what else to do. She normally wasn’t that claustrophobic, but now, she definitely felt like the small space was the reason as to why she suddenly started panicking. ”Fuck!” She now shouted, just like the other, when she noticed that pushing the buttons didn’t do anything. No, they were stuck. ”No, no, no, this can’t be happening. Please, tell me this is just a normal thing.” She said, now turning to the other dude in the elevator. Because right now, she’d rather be comforted with a lie.

Tag: OLIVER VILLIERS
Alisandra Elsevier
IC posts : 35

Quote : Too cold for you to keep her, too hot for you to leave her.

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:49 pm
The elevator had come to a sudden halt just before they would reach the next floor. Oliver looked at the doors that were supposed to open, but they remained closed. Shit, why was this happening now he was in a hurry to get to class. A few times, he tried to push the ‘door open’ button, but still nothing happened. It is stuck, he realized, already slightly panicking. He had always joked about all the outdated technology within the university walls, however, he had never expected that he would be a victim if one of these would fail to work.

Because he had no idea what to do, he eyed the girl next to him, that by now had become aware of the situation. She started panicking, hoping that this was a normal thing. Oliver had taken this elevator for years now, so he was pretty sure that this wasn’t something considered normal. ”We will be fine,” he said, trying to sound as calmly as possible. ”Perhaps we can call a technician to fix this.” Oliver reached for his phone again, trying to find a phone number to which he could make a call for help. Nevertheless, when he hit the call button, he noticed that he had almost no reception. ”Ehm, do you have reception?” he asked, looking at the girl again. He hoped that it was just his phone letting him down.

♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:55 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
Well, truth be told, she knew that pushing the buttons randomly wasn’t going to work, and she was right because nothing happened when she pushed them. It seemed like the entire elevator was just stuck. Great, what a good way to start her education here. From now on she would definitely be taking the stairs. Only the idea of being stuck in this small space - without a way out - was already enough to make her start to panic, and it was visible through the way that she was suddenly breathing way too fast.

The other guy who was in the elevator with her tried his best to sound calm enough when he told her that they would be fine. And gosh, she really did want to believe him, but the confined space was still not making her feel less panicked. Her feet nervously moved around and she took a few steps towards the elevator doors, dropping her bag on the ground. She was just about to bang with her hand against the door when he suddenly mentioned something that she hadn’t come up with yet, but was actually rather smart. Her eyes moved back to him when he picked up his phone again, watching him as it seemed like he was trying to find a phone number. But then he asked if she had reception, to which she quickly checked her phone as well. ”Oh! Porca vacca!” She shouted in Italian as she had to resist the urge to throw her phone to the ground. Yet, when she looked back up at the guy her eyes showed some worry. ”No..” She muttered, to explain what had just happened, after which she turned back towards the door and started banging on the metal. ”HEY! Can someone hear us?” She shouted, in the hopes that someone would be able to hear her.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:54 pm
Perhaps he was lucky to get trapped inside this elevator. At least it would mean that he had a valid reason to be late for class. Nevertheless, he doubted that his lecturer would believe it to be true. From his mouth, every excuse sounded like something made up in the eyes of the university’s staff. Especially some far-fetched excuse that he got stuck in an elevator.

It didn’t go unnoticed that the girl next to him started freaking out a little. Not long after the elevator suddenly halted, she started shouting words that sounded foreign to him. By that time, he had decided that he would try to be calm in order to find a solution to this issue. Phoning the phone number that was written on the sign seemed to be a very promising plan. Yet his mobile phone appeared to have connectivity issues. His eyes shifted to the girl, hoping that she would be luckier with her reception, but it soon turned out that she was facing the same hindrance. ”Fuck,” he muttered softly. The girl started shouting again, this time in a more comprehensible language ”Do you have anyone waiting for you?” he asked while sipping his coffee. Surely there had to be someone that was looking for either one of them soon enough, right?
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:49 am
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
Well, the thing was, Ally was quite easily panicky and well, she had never been stuck inside an elevator before but the idea sure didn’t sound nice. It already made her feel like the air was growing thin with oxygen, as if she couldn’t breath. And breathing faster probably wasn’t going to help, but she had no control over it. The whole idea of being stuck inside a place with no way out gave her some very terrifying thoughts. What if nobody would notice them being stuck in here? Would they suffocate?

The other guy did come up with a smart solution, something she couldn’t have thought about due to the panic going through her mind. It clouded her to think straight. Yet, it seemed that both their phones didn’t have any reception, so they weren’t able to call a technician for help. He probably wasn’t able to understand her swearing in Italian, but the way she said it did give it away, maybe just a little bit. However, she did explain herself not much later, after which she began hitting her hands against the metal doors, screaming for help. But when he spoke again she turned her head again, only to be met with him sipping his coffee.. Wow really? The guy.. She couldn’t really understand how he managed to stay so calm. ”How the fuck are you able to remain so calm?” She asked, motioning her hand in his direction to point out his whole demeanor, sort of. ”But no.. Or well, not really. I had to see some principle but I guess that if I don’t show up he’ll just think I forgot it, or maybe that I refused to come..” She explained. ”I don’t think he will be thinking about me possibly being stuck in the elevator.” Which, you know, wasn’t really something that happened often, or so she hoped. Yet, in this case, she did but the changes were very small.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:25 pm
It had not been his plan to get stuck on an elevator today, yet here he was. At first, he had panicked a little, but now he had given it some thought, he had realized that this probably was not going to take too long. Surely people would find out that one of the two elevators was broken and that there might be two humans still inside. At least he did not have to sit in his boring accountancy class at the moment and could he peacefully enjoy his coffee. The girl that was stuck with him, however, did not appear to be so calm and seemed to be stunned that he was. ”I’m sure we will get out in time,” he spoke in a calm voice.

Oliver had hoped that people would start looking for them, but neither he nor the girl seemed to have others waiting for them. He was sure that his lecturer would not wink an eye on him missing in his lecture. Also, the girl doubted that the principal that she was supposed to meet would be thinking about her. ”That is a bummer,” he said with slight disappointment. Slowly Oliver let himself sink to the floor, his back leaning against the elevator’s wall. ”Might as well enjoy the peace and quiet here for the time being,” he pointed out, sipping his hot beverage. Let’s hope that they would be freed least within at least an hour since coffee was always a trigger for his bladder.
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:19 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
While she was - clearly - slightly panicking, he was just standing there, drinking his coffee like there wasn’t anything wrong in the world. Like this was just a normal day, and as if being trapped in an elevator wasn’t such a big deal at all. And well, Ally couldn’t really just wrap her mind around it, which was why she was so blunt to ask him. ”Ahum..” She softly exclaimed when he responded. This guy, really, could you believe him? Yet, after a few seconds she softly began chuckling a bit, when it began to sink in. Well.. He was probably right though. ”Alright..” She said, trying to take a deep breath, but the fact that he remained so calm eventually helped her too.

She sofly nodded when he said it was a bummer, and well yeah, it was, but nobody was going to be looking for them, at least not anytime soon. The fact that he had asked her already told her enough about his situation, and it probably wasn’t much different then hers. For a moment she watched him sit down on the floor before she eventually joined him. Placing her back against the elevator wall and softly sliding down against it. ”Well, at least you have some coffee.” She said, giving him a slightly tilted grin after looking into her own bag. Slightly jealous? Yes, certainly, because she only had a bottle of water with her. Which she took out of her bag to take a little sip as well. ”I’m guessing you're going to be missing class?” She asked him, although he didn’t seem very concerned about that, not at all.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:21 pm
By now, Oliver had accepted the whole situation. It was definitely not ideal to be stuck in an elevator, however, when thinking of the alternative, which was in his case having to survive two hours of the most tedious classes he had ever experienced, it was so bad after all. He was sure that someone will free him and the girl within a few hours. They should have noticed the fact that there was no elevator running by this time.

The girl sounded slightly covetous as she mentioned that he at least could enjoy a cup of coffee. Oliver looked at the cup for a second before he looked at her again. ”It could have been worse,” he agreed with her, taking a sip from the hot beverage. She also assumed that he was probably going to miss one of his classes, something that was indeed the case. It was one of the few mandatory classes he had, but since he finally had a valid reason to be absent, he didn’t expect to get into any trouble for this. ”Yes, I am. But that is okay,” he answered. ”You new here?” he asked, tilting his head a little. Oliver had spent plenty of years at the university, so he knew most of the faces from other students, however, the face of this girl was still strange to him.  
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:06 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
While maybe she couldn’t really understand him, and why he was able to keep calm, he was actually able to calm her down by acting like that. Maybe somewhere deep down it gave her the feeling like this was going to be alright in the end. That - maybe - someone who would soon find out that the elevator wasn’t working, and that they needed to be checking to see if anyone was still in there. Which, well, was the case here. Until then they would still be stuck though, and being a very impatient person, that wasn’t something she liked. But, what could she do about it?

”Well, how?” She asked him when he said it could have been worse, suddenly rather curious as to what he was thinking. Giving him a slightly playful smile. Well, at least her flirtatious side had managed to survive the initial shock. That was probably a good thing. He quickly agreed that he was indeed missing class, but he didn’t seem too worried about it. Truth be told, she found that rather relatable. The only reason why she went back to school right now was because she had been given an opportunity to leave her old life behind and start a possible better one. And to succeed, she needed to follow those lectures. But did she like doing it? No, certainly not. ”Ah yes, I am. This was actually my first time going with this elevator.. And you bet my ass I'm going to be taking the stairs from now on.” She joked, giving him a little laugh.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:13 pm
”Because I know that they will be here to free us any time soon,” he answered to the girl that appeared to be pretty upset by the whole situation. Stressing out right now would only make it worse. Although he preferred to be out there, enjoying his freedom, he knew it was better to remain calm and wait until one of the university’s technicians would show up to get them out of here. By now, someone should have reported it so that a janitor was on his way to free them, right?

His suspicions were confirmed, the girl was indeed a novice at the Queen’s College.  The fact that this had been also her first time taking the elevator made him giggle. ”Well, welcome at Queen’s College,” he said amusingly. The university always made sure to make the best first impression with their new students. ”You like it here?” he asked, trying to make some sort of conversation. As there was not much else to do here, it wouldn’t hurt to get to know each other a little better, especially not with a girl with looks like her.
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum