Queen's College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Een widget
Endorsed Forums
Link partners
Link partners
Link partners

Silver Cross

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:50 pm
The house that he lived in was owned by his family, the Villiers. They had owned it for many years and it had been the home of many of his family members during their studies. Now and then, it had gotten a complete renovation to make sure that it was still inhabitable. But Oliver was pretty sure that the last time they had done anything close to modernizing or redecoration was in another decade.  Yet, it was still a nice place to live in.

Amelia stepped inside and Oliver followed her. For a second, she stayed silent before she asked him which one was his. ”It is upstairs,” he told her. By now Oliver had managed to get the biggest room of the house. It was a rule that the newcomer would get the smallest room that was located just next to the stairs and the entrance. From there, the longer you lived here, the bigger and more comfortable the rooms would become. ”If you want you can sit down there,” he said, pointing towards one of the couches in the common room. They were fortunate, his roommates were either in bed or not at home. ”Shall I get us something to drink?” he suggested. Already slightly regretting that he had lured her in with the promise of a homemade cocktail.
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers
IC posts : 36

Quote : Is it still a walk of shame if you look so good as me?

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Morgan Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:58 pm
NOTHING HURTS ANYMORE
I FEEL KINDA FREE
Her father was absolutely loaded, but Amelia had never really profited that from her. She had grown up in a middle-class family, so she had never lacked anything, but places such as this one always left her feeling speechless. It was strange to think that some people truly lived in such excess. Part of her felt as if that only happened in the movies. It felt even more unrealistic to just walk in with this frat boy-looking guy. He didn’t exactly look wealthy, but she supposed that most people who came from old money made a point of it not to flaunt it.

He told her his room was upstairs, to which she briefly hummed. She wasn’t too excited to be climbing a set of stairs, feeling a little tipsy and being generally lazy. Instead, he pointed her towards a close-by couch, which sounded like a very good idea right now. Spending several hours standing around and dancing was pretty tiring. She walked on over and dropped onto the couch with a sigh, getting comfy. “Yes, please!” she excitedly called out. “I’m curious about those cocktail-crafting skills of yours.” Chances were that she wouldn’t like it; she generally only enjoyed sweet drinks. “What’s your specialty?” she decided to ask. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be something bitter. Or something ginger-y.
code made by kahlua of caution
Amelia Morgan
IC posts : 19

Quote : Oh, you in all your vibrant youth. How could anything bad ever happen to you?

Amelia Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:36 pm
This girl was far too exciting for this cocktail that he had promised her. Oliver was sure that she would regret coming here as soon as she would get to take the first sip. But how hard could it be to create something like a cocktail? He could just mix a few types of strong liquor with some soft drink and throw some ice cubes in it. Perhaps he would manage to find a slice of lemon that had not started getting moldy yet so it would all be more appealing to the eye.

Already before he had headed home, he had decided that he would make something with rum. From his experience, you could not do much wrong when adding this liquor made from sugar cane. ”Anything with rum, he answered when she asked for his favourite. ”Do you like rum too?” He hoped so since if she didn’t they might have a little problem.
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Morgan Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:00 pm
NOTHING HURTS ANYMORE
I FEEL KINDA FREE
Amelia was sure that she had an objectively bad taste when it came to cocktails. Usually, she did not like the ones she got at fancy bars. She always found that she preferred the cheaper ones, which were usually sweeter and less strong. To her, a good cocktail was one that hardly tasted of liquor to begin with. She wanted to sip it as if it were juice instead of alcohol, so she could easily get drunk while actually enjoying her beverage. But she also knew that most men were inclined to whip up something strong and easy, for maximum effect. A cuba libre, or something like that.

She got comfortable on the couch, eyeing him for a bit. She liked watching people do pretty mundane things, such as crafting a cocktail. Needless to say, she was quite curious about the results. “I like white rum,” she said, pondering it for a bit. “Could you make a mojito?” There were a handful of ingredients needed for that, though, and she wasn’t sure whether he had those just lying around. She’d like a mai tai, but she was even more certain he did not have all it took to make that.
Amelia Morgan

Quote : Oh, you in all your vibrant youth. How could anything bad ever happen to you?

Amelia Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:44 pm
The fact that he had been drinking a considerate amount already, didn’t make things any easier. He wasn’t as drunk as he was when he had stood there in that miserable place, however, he still felt a bit tipsy from all the drinks that he had to make it more bearable. Something that would clearly not work in his favour if he wanted to impress her with his mixology skills.

Fortunately, the girl mentioned that she liked rum too. At least that was one less worry about. As he walked to the kitchen that was located next to the living room, he heard how the girl asked him whether he could make them a mojito. ”Of course,” he said as if it was no big deal. Mojito sounded like something that was relatively simple. Oliver reached down for his phone to look up a recipe that would help him create the cocktail. Reading through the ingredients, he realized that it was pretty feasible. The only issue was that there was no fresh mint or any other spice that he could add, but perhaps he could add some dried ones.

Oliver had no idea how long it had taken him to create something that could be considered a cocktail. In the end, he managed to fill up two long drink glasses with rum, soda, sugar, lemon, ice, and some dried parsley as a replacement for the fresh mint. Since both were green, he didn’t expect them to taste significantly different. Proudly, he walked back to the girl, two mojitos in his hands. ”Look what I got you,” he said, handing her one of the two drinks. Hopefully, the taste was to her liking.  
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Morgan Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:30 pm
NOTHING HURTS ANYMORE
I FEEL KINDA FREE
Truthfully, she feared for her cocktail. She thoroughly believed that she was about to be served the strongest mojito that had ever existed, and she knew she would have a hard time pretending to like it. She had always been rather picky when it came to food and drink and she had a particularly difficult time with swallowing down things that she did not like the taste of. When he said that he could obviously make a mojito, she smiled. “Don’t make it too strong, please,” she requested, although she had no idea whether he would even listen.

She waited on the couch, looking at her surroundings for a bit. Amelia noticed that she was perhaps a little more drunk than she had anticipated, since the room felt a little… wavy to her. In order to distract herself, she pulled up her phone, sending a drunk selfie to some of her friends through Snapchat. Of course, the questions as to where the hell she was came rushing in fast. Amelia sat up straighter and smiled when he finally came to bring the drinks. “Thanks!” she happily said as she took it from him, furrowing her brows when she noticed a strange spice sitting in it. She gave Oliver an amused look. “What did you put in it?” she asked, trying to fish out one of the leaves. “What is this? Parsley? Cilantro?” It certainly wasn’t mint.
Amelia Morgan

Amelia Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:17 pm
Despite his skill in drinking cocktails in bulk, he lacked the competence of making them so that the person that would have to consume them would actually find any enjoyment in drinking them. He doubted this time it would be any different, however, perhaps he was able to mask his ineptitude by adding as much liquor as possible but thereby ignoring the latest instruction that he had gotten.

After spending some time in the kitchen, mixing and adding several ingredients, he came back to the living room, proudly presenting his mojitos. After handing one of the glasses to Amelia, he carefully watched her as she inspected the drink. She appeared to be somewhat surprised by it and asked about the ingredients, especially the herbs that were used. ”That’s my little secret,” he simply answered, raising his hand for a toast. ”I’m sure you will like it,” he said, refusing to admit that it might not be as good as promised. Fake it till you make it, right? Oliver brought the glass close to his lips and waited for Amelia to follow his example.

♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Morgan Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:33 pm
NOTHING HURTS ANYMORE
I FEEL KINDA FREE
Amelia expected either the best cocktail she’d ever had from him, or something absolutely despicable. There would be no in between. She knew that making cocktails was quite a bit of a craft. She had tried her hand at it once or twice and had failed miserably each and every time. Getting the exact measurements down wasn’t easy, so she was curious to see whether this guy would deliver on it.

As soon as she was presented with the drink, she noticed that the green leaves inside weren’t mint. They looked different in shape and colour, and they certainly did not smell of mint. Amelia snorted when he said that it was his little secret. “Alright, alright, I won’t ask then,” she said. She was sure his ‘secret’ was nothing more than whatever herb he still had lying around, but oh well. Somewhat hesitantly, she took a sip, pensively furrowing her eyebrows right after. “This is…” she said, speaking slowly to increase the suspense. “It’s surprisingly good, actually.” Despite the fact that she tasted absolutely no mint, the liquor to mixer ratio was pretty good. “I’m honestly impressed.” So, she took another sip.
Amelia Morgan

Amelia Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:33 pm
One of the main ingredients of a classic mojito were leaves of mint, but in the absence of any in this house, Oliver had chosen to go for parsley. The herb might not be similar in flavour, but its colour matched that of mint. Hopefully, Amelia would either forgive him for using something else or might be too drunk to notice the difference.  

Oliver eyed the girl cautiously as she sipped the drink. She seemed to be taking her time to perceive the drink’s taste. But eventually, she looked up to him and stated her opinion on the cocktail. Oliver was rather surprised to hear that she actually liked the mojito. ”That’s good to hear,” he stated, seating himself next to her on the couch. While seated, he took a mouthful of the drink himself and concluded that this one was indeed not bad at all. Maybe this should become his go-to drink if he had to make drinks in the future. ”The secret ingredient is parsley,” he admitted, throwing her a quick side glance. ”So how come I’ve never noticed a girl as lovely looking as you before?” he said, his mouth twisting in a smile. His eyes shifted back to hers but now he kept them fixed.
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum