Queen's College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Een widget
Endorsed Forums
Link partners
Link partners
Link partners

A fanatic heart

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Arianna Kinsley Stuart Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:56 pm
I still remember the first fall of snow and how it glistened as it fell, I remember it all too well
The Fantastic Beasts: The Wonder of Nature exhibition at the Natural History Museum had been something she wanted to visit for months now. It was the perfect balance between the world of Harry Potter creatures and real life explorers. It was no secret Arianna adored the famous books, they were her childhood favourite. And finally, she had convinced Oliver to go to the museum with her.

She hadn't seen her boyfriend for a few days, mainly because both of them were busy selecting new members for their fraternity and sorority. Or at least, that was what she told herself. But she had missed him, talking to him, spending time with him. Her life just wasn't the same without him in it. So they had agreed to meet inside the museum hall at four, giving them more than enough time to see the exhibition. She had already discarded her thick winter coat at the wardrobe department, waiting patiently on one of the benches for her boyfriend to arrive.  

Outfit

Arianna Kinsley Stuart
IC posts : 27

Quote : the flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all

Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:10 pm
He was late. Not that he cared much for it, but he was sure that Ari did. She had been looking forward to their date to the exposition for a while now and he knew that she was not going to be happy if he arrive half an hour late. However, that seemed to be the case now. As he jumped out of the uber that got him to the museum, he checked his watch real quick. ”Fuck,” he muttered softly as he started to take a little sprint towards the entrance. As he did, he decided to blame the driver that got him there and hide away the fact that he forgot about the time as he was gaming with a friend. ”I’m so sorry love,” he said when he noticed Ari at the entrance. ”I had the worst uber ever,” he grumbled, after which he leaned forward to give his girlfriend a kiss on her lips. Let’s hope she was in a good mood today.  
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers
IC posts : 36

Quote : Is it still a walk of shame if you look so good as me?

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna Kinsley Stuart Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:52 pm
I still remember the first fall of snow and how it glistened as it fell, I remember it all too well
If it were up to her, she'd spend all of her free time in endless musea alike. There was just something so fascinating about all the history and knowledge they held. She was sure many wouldn't agree with her, finding it rather boring, hence why she often just went alone. But today'd be different from those days.

If there was one thing her boyfriend wasnt, it was punctual. By now she had gotten so used to him being late she hardly noticed it anymore. He might be the only person she could handle waiting for. She had headed outside for just a second, hoping to see him. She forgot all about the cold when he did arrive. A happy smile appeared on her face when she spotted him. Briefly, he snatched a peck on the lips from her, which she didn't mind at all. "That's all right darling, sorry you've had such a bad ride." She said, almost as a force of habit. She didn't mind today, she was just far too excited to visit the exhibit to focus on his tardiness. "Now let's go, we have a lot of ground to cover." She beamed as she grabbed his hand, starting to pull him with her. "I already got our tickets and do you want to put your coat away or should we just head inside?" She rambled on as she shot him a brief glance. Please let him choose the latter.

Outfit

Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Quote : the flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all

Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:28 pm
It seemed that he was lucky today since Arianna did not appear to care much for him being late.  Instead, she told him that she felt sorry for him for the horrible ride that he just had. Arianna always being so forgiving towards him was something that he was very grateful for. He was not sure whether he could be so lenient. He felt how Ari grabbed one of his hands and pulled him with her towards the entrance of the exposition. She asked him whether he wanted to put his coat away or whether they should just head inside. ”I can keep it with me,” he decided. Judging from the looks of this building, he would not be surprised that it was quite chilly inside and that his coat could come in handy.

Before the two would go inside, he quickly glanced at the screens on the walls which showed the information about the exhibition they were about to ‘enjoy’. Seeing the theme of this exhibition, Oliver was quite sure that it would be Arianna that would mostly enjoy what they were going to witness inside and that he had to try his best to disguise that he actually did not want to be here. ”Let’s go,” he said, throwing her a quick smile.
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna Kinsley Stuart Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:59 pm
Her relationship with Oliver was based on friendship, old habits they constantly fell into and dare she say, love? She did care for him, that much she knew. And she had known him for so long now that she hardly noticed the little things anymore. He didn't want to put away his coat, making her shrug. She already had, leaving her in nothing but her usual attire of a jumper, blouse, skirt and -thankfully- tights. After all, she had to stay warm somehow.

The fact that Oliver even wanted to come still left her a little surprised, but she had probably just underestimated her own power of persuasion. "I'm really excited." She told the boy with a wide smile. She politely showed the guard the tickets before heading to the exhibit itself and being absolutely in awe when they arrived. It all looked so beautiful and she had to take it in for a minute or two. "They even have props from the movies." She mumbled as she absent-mindedly let go of Oliver's hand and started walking through all the different creatures on display. "Do you remember this one from the movies?" She asked motioning to a creature before looking up at her boyfriend briefly. Surely he did? After all, they had watched them together many a times, often getting a little distracted.

Outfit

Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:43 pm
Arianna was a very sweet and kind girl, however, with pursuits and interests that he often found dreadful. One of them was her obsession with nerdy franchises, history, and museums that she often tried to force on him. Throughout their time together, Oliver had made it almost a sport to find excuses to join her. However, sometimes he knew it was better to just accept her flaws and to pretend that he did care.

Soon after they entered, Ari let go of his hands and started to walk around and view the pieces that were on display. Oliver followed her, checking his phone occasionally when Ari was too busy to notice. At a certain point, she started babbling about props from movies. It made Oliver wonder what movies she was talking about, but since she was asking about one of the creatures on display, he figured that he should have known. ”Yes,” he lied almost effortlessly. ”It looks so much more impressive in real life.” Oliver realized that in order to not be exposed, they should not linger too long here as she would definitely find out that he had no idea what she was talking about. ”Look a golden egg!” he spoke loudly as he walked to a pillar with the egg on it. Quickly, he started reading the sign that was next to it so he had a bit of an idea of what he was looking at. ”You think it is real?,” he asked as he started tapping. Little did he know that there was also a sign that explicitly said that touching was not allowed.
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna Kinsley Stuart Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:56 pm
They were a couple with the exact same upbringing and yet completely different interests. She supposed that was what made them work and also what didn't. Maybe one day, they'd figure it all out. And for now she could just enjoy trying things he liked as well as the other way around.

The moment they entered the hall for the exhibition she was completely speechless. She could get excited about the littlest things and the props from the movies that were on display definitely belonged to that category. She nodded in agreement when Oliver answered her question, remarking that the creature in question looked even more impressive in real life. "It does!" She whispered in awe. Oliver then walked over to a golden egg, making her follow him slowly. As she was reading the sign she heard a loud tapping noise. Her eyes widened when she saw her boyfriend tapping the egg and then, the no-touching sign. "Uhm Ollie, I don't think you're supposed to touch that." She said softly as she looked around if there was a guard nearby. When she saw there wasn't any, she took a step closer to the egg. "It does look real, but how can we be sure?" She asked, letting her curiosity get the best of her. They weren't hurting anyone, and the egg seemed fine, so for once it was okay?

Outfit

Last edited by Arianna Kinsley Stuart on Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:26 pm
The sign spoke of a golden egg, however, was it actually golden? Oliver was curious to find out whether the claim was true or whether it was only related to its colour. Throughout his lifetime, he had seen and touched many golden ornaments, so surely he could figure out whether it was actually made of the precious yellow metal. Oliver started tapping on the object. First slowly, then somewhat harder to check how solid it was. From behind him, he heard how Ari warned him that he was probably not supposed to touch it. He ignored her, bowing a bit more forward to inspect the egg from up close. ”I think it’s fake,” he concluded, eyeing Ari who now stood beside him. By now, Ari also seemed to be taken by curiosity. ”I guess golden means that it has a golden colour,” he commented. ”It sounds too hollow to be real,” Oliver pointed out, tapping one more on the egg. Oliver wanted to step back to continue his way, but then he saw how the egg started stirring on its pilar and was about to roll off.  
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna Kinsley Stuart Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:17 pm
The fact that Oliver actually seemed interested in one of the props from the movies was surprising. She knew he wasn't the biggest Harry Potter fan and she was sure his presence here was purely because of her. Yet, he seemed to be enjoying himself. So much so that they were now inspecting a golden egg, wondering if it was real or not. She too became intrigued to find out, forgetting the museum's policy of not touching anything. Oliver commented it seemed to be fake, making her nod along. "Maybe it's gold plated?" She suggested, tilting her head a little so she could see more details. To her dismay, by the last tap the egg started to move on its pillar. She could feel her heart sink and she reached forward, trying to catch it. But alas, it was too late. The egg fell, slipping right through her fingers and hit the ground with a loud 'bang'. Oh no. She gulped, carefully turning the egg around to find a huge dent in it. "What do we dow now?" She whispered as she looked up at Oliver in distress. To simply state the current situation: this was not good.

Outfit

Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Arianna Kinsley Stuart

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Villiers Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:50 pm
Oliver didn’t think they would place a solid golden egg in an exhibition such as this one. The likelihood of it getting stolen was too big. Instead, the suggestion of Ari made more sense. It was probably just plated with gold. Oliver wanted to continue his way as he didn’t want to linger around for too long at this exhibition. But when he wanted to walk to the next room, he noticed that the egg started rolling and before he could act on it, it fell off its pilar. ”Fuck,” Oliver muttered softly. Ari picked it up and judging from the look on her face something seemed wrong. ”Just put it back. They won’t notice,” Oliver suggested. For as far as he could tell, there was no major damage so chances were that nobody would find out about it.
♔ angie
Oliver Villiers

Oliver Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum