Queen's College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Een widget
Endorsed Forums
Link partners
Link partners
Link partners

Vagary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Dax Davies Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:46 am
DAX DAVIES
"IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS"

After a busy day working on things to get ready for the bar. The man had decided that tonight he would step out. His right hand was around in the club so things would be managed. Every order had come in so they would be set for the next coming days when it involved alcohol and little snacks. But for him, it was time to let it go for now. Just so he could actually do something for himself for once. Dressed in a simple black shirt and vest and some dark grey trousers, he walked out of his house.

With a grin on his lips the man entered the bar a little while later, after stopping by a friend’s place to drop something off. A night to himself away from the club. It still felt weird from time to time, but it certainly was necessary. Otherwise he’d burn out faster. He still needed to find the perfect balance between work and pleasure. Today was another attempt at the second one. Maybe it would work. Briefly raising his hand towards the person behind the bar, ordering a whiskey for himself without ice. Putting some cash on the bar when a glass appeared in front of him. Eyes moving over the other briefly. Making his way towards a standing table and humming. The atmosphere in the bar was different then a night club, but well that was to be expected.

TAG. Isabella Morain | NOTES. <3
I am IX.
Dax Davies
IC posts : 9

Dax Davies

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Morain Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:28 pm
I ROSE TOO HIGH
LOVED TOO HARD AND DARED TOO MUCH
An eight-course tasting menu at Le Gavroche had somehow escalated into her going out into the city with a friend. It wasn’t something that happened often anymore; she was far too busy to even consider having fun on a Thursday evening. Tomorrow, there would be a lot of work waiting on her once again, but tonight she could hardly bring herself to care. And it wasn’t as if two glasses of Toscana Vermentino would leave her feeling completely incapacitated in the morning.

Her friend excused herself and left for the restroom, while Bella herself headed on over to the bar to order their next set of drinks. Surely, the wine here was of lesser quality than at the Michelin-star restaurant she had just been to, but Bella was fine with lowering her standards for the time being. As she waited for her drink to be served, she looked around at her fellow patrons. Her gaze lingered on one man in particular, not too far away from her. Someone undeniably handsome, sitting at the bar all alone. Those two glasses of wine she’d had before were just the encouragement she needed to approach him. “How’d someone like you end up here all alone?” she curiously inquired, almost expecting a gorgeous woman to walk out the restroom and settle down by his side out of nowhere.
code made by kahlua of caution
Isabella Morain
IC posts : 5

Isabella Morain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Davies Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:53 pm
DAX DAVIES

Swirling the liquid in his glass the man had zoned out. A smile on his lips, a dreamy one for that. Reminiscing about his days in college. But most of all just enjoying the calm atmosphere around here. For once not feeling the adrenaline pump through his veins. It was certainly something he could get used too. Though in the end he knew that this wasn’t something he would get to do very much. Maybe that was why it still spoke to him, more than standing behind his plates right now. Just a moment to calm down. Keeping an eye on his glass while he exchanged a few words with the person behind the bar. Just a simple conversation, which made this whole thing perfect.

Though perfection only seemed to get better. The soft voice sounding from quite close made him look up. Corner of his mouth curled up, as he briefly locked eyes with her. Tilting his head slightly. A sight for sore eyes. ’I could say the same about you miss.’ the man smiled warmly at her. Putting his glass down and pointing to the seat next to him. ’Could I get you something to drink perhaps? Or might I expect a punch from someone for offering you one?’ Playful shimmer visible in his eyes. Pointing to the two glasses of wine that were put in front of her. So she wasn’t alone. Quite a pity if you asked him. Taking a sip from his drink. ’To the mysterious beautiful woman that showed up.’

I am IX.
Dax Davies

Dax Davies

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Morain Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:51 pm
I ROSE TOO HIGH
It wasn’t every day that one could find a handsome man, sitting alone at a bar, unattended to. Usually, they were out with their friends or with a girl. And the men that did visit bars by themselves on occasion usually weren’t much to look at. Bella, like most other women, could appreciate a decent display of masculine aesthetic. She could, of course, humbly admire him from afar, but she reminded herself of the fact that she was no longer married. No longer tied down. And, as such, there was nothing holding her back from trying to get what she wanted.

He returned her ‘compliment’, however abstract it was, and offered to buy her a drink. His comment made her chuckle. “No, buying me a drink is completely risk-free,” she assured him, “I came with a friend.” One that, hopefully, would leave shortly afterwards, so she could try her hand at making the most of her night. The corner of her mouth turned upwards at his words, reaching for her own glass of dark red wine. “Will you be here for a little while longer?” she inquired, hoping that the answer would be ‘yes’. In that case, she might choose to have her friend leave early, and join him for a nightcap instead.
Isabella Morain

Isabella Morain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Davies Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:21 pm
DAX DAVIES

If anything it appeared to be his lucky night. A woman came towards him and honestly, she was a looker that much he knew. Not entirely what he had planned for the night, yet certainly someone he could be changing his plans for it the opportunity presented itself. Who was he to ignore such a woman like her right? Unless she off course was already taken by another man. He didn’t want his eyes to turn more blue then they already were off course. Taking a sip from his drink as he took in her looks. Dax knew how to appreciate a woman her looks for sure, but she. She was truly a marvel.

’Then please do let me buy you a drink.’ A friend. Maybe someone she could ditch for the time being so he could get to know a bit more about her. ’Only if you tell me your name hm? Fair trade right, since I’m quite sure that the moment I blink you’ll disappear into thin air.’ Shooting her a playful wink. ’I’m Dax by the way.’ Since he did still have some manners left in him. Maybe giving up his name would persuade her to tell hers. If anything he had tried. Blue eyes darting over her for a second, before focusing on her face.

I am IX.
Dax Davies

Dax Davies

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Morain Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:32 pm
I ROSE TOO HIGH
Arguably, she had changed a little ever since her divorce. Being married to the same man for multiple decades would certainly wear you down. It made life a little duller, even if you both tried your hardest to keep introducing new things. Everything slowly grew predictable, meaning boring, and left you wanting for more. Now that she was without a partner again, she was free to do as she pleased. She could go out when she wanted, for as long as she wanted, and – most importantly – go home with whomever she wanted. And apparently, after her husband, she had developed a taste for younger men.

“After this one,” she spoke, holding up the glass of red wine she had just bought for herself. Then, he asked for her name, introducing himself as Dax in the same breath. Not something one heard very often. “I’m Bella. Pleased to meet you,” she said with a charming smile on her face. She then turned towards him a little more. “Here’s what we’ll do: I’ll have this final glass of wine with my friend once she comes back. Afterwards, she’ll go home, and you and I will be having that drink together, alright?” It would not be easy to get Elizabeth to just leave like that, but she was sure she could get it done.
Isabella Morain

Isabella Morain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Davies Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:38 pm
DAX DAVIES

He wasn’t so sure what had made him the lucky bastard to get sought out by her. A grin curled around his lips. Yeah, he was pretty lucky. Frankly he couldn’t quite believe that she was here without another guy. But hey, he wasn’t going to complain for sure. If anything he would make the most of the night that much he knew. If the other woman could ditch her friend. But well, if anything he wouldn’t mind spending time with the both of them. But he preferred to get to know Bella a bit more personally and preferably her on her own. Softly he chuckled at her words, nodding.

’Short for Isabella?’ He raised a brow at her slightly tilting his head for a moment. ’I can certainly find myself in that proposition.’ He hummed, hoping that she’d be able to ditch her friend a bit sooner. ’Care to grab a bite with me then as well? They have some delicious snacks here.’ The least he could do right? Blue eyes moving over her again. Alright, yeah there was no doubt in his mind anymore. ’If she doesn’t let you go, I’ll come and whisk you away yes?’ He’d figure out a way to do that. Already having a few plans in mind, but well. He did believe that she was perfectly capable of getting rid of her friend herself.

I am IX.
Dax Davies

Dax Davies

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Morain Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:06 pm
I ROSE TOO HIGH
Bella wasn’t one to sleep around. Instead, she liked to bond with people before taking them home with her. Have some stimulating conversation paired with a few glasses of wine before progressing towards the bedroom. To call her promiscuous would be somewhat of an erroneous assumption, or so she thought herself. She found that she was actually quite selective in whom she chose to associate with. The man at the bar, however, was so extraordinarily handsome that she felt as if she had no choice but to act on it.

She briefly smiled at his comment. “Correct,” she said with a quick nod. Although only few people actually called her Isabella. He agreed to her plan, which meant they would be sitting together within the hour, hopefully. “Of course,” she agreed when he proposed they eat something together as well. She had just sat through an impeccable dinner, so she wasn’t all that hungry herself anymore. But if he wanted to eat, why not? His remark made her briefly chuckle. “I’m not sure whether she’ll appreciate it, but I’d like to see it.” She then grabbed the other glass of wine as her friend emerged from the restroom and winked at Dax as she headed off.

Of course, she ended up talking to Elizabeth about him. A few glances his way, and her friend understood. He was undeniably, unanimously attractive. Once they had finished their drinks, Elizabeth said her goodbyes, leaving Bella with the freedom to seek out her mystery man once more. She sat down next to him, flashing him a seductive smile. “I’d like that drink now.” He had promised her one, hadn’t he?
Isabella Morain

Isabella Morain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum