Queen's College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Een widget
Endorsed Forums
Link partners
Link partners
Link partners

Like nobody's watching

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:53 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
Last night, he had lost a bet to one of his colleagues while they had gone out to Little Soho. Nothing especially exciting: they had disagreed about something trivial such as the name of an actor that played in a particular film. Extremely sure of himself, Asher had stated that he would be willing to do anything if it turned out that he wasn’t right about this. His colleague agreed, they shook hands, and an objective third party in the form of another co-worker had looked up the information needed to establish who was wrong and who was right. As it turned out, Asher had been dead wrong.

Now, he hadn’t expected much of it. He’d expected his colleague to ask him to buy her a drink, or wash her car or something stupid like that. But she had been part of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, and especially they were in dire need of ‘volunteers’ there. Volunteers for what, he wasn’t entirely sure, but his co-worker had lined up an appointment for him to help out. So, to honour him losing the bet, he went to the faculty at two in the afternoon to go do what was asked of him.

Once there, however, it all became clear to him. He walked into a decently-sized classroom, which had both chairs and easels neatly positioned around one particular spot in the centre. There were art supplies anywhere, and slowly but surely, Asher came to understood what was going on. “Oh, fuck no,” he said, fully ready to turn back around and leave. But the students were gathered together already, and they did not have anything in the way of a model to work with.
code made by kahlua of caution

Last edited by Asher Morgan on Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asher Morgan
IC posts : 47

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoire Cartier-Lavigne Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:05 am
To kiss in downtown bars was all we needed, You drew stars around my scars but now I'm bleeding
If there was one thing she loved about teaching, it was seeing her students discover their abilities. Each class held a breakthrough for at least one of them as they explored different topics, and if she adored being able to play even a small part in that.

Today they'd focus on another lesson of human anatomy, which was arguably the hardest part of Drawing I, before revisiting it in Drawing II. Thankfully, the university had arranged a model for her this time like they were supposed to do, so that Victoire wouldn't have to call another one of her friends. The students had quickly gathered their easels and supplies like she told them to, so they could make the most of their time today. She was rummaging through some cups with paintbrushes -trying to find a few that'd work since on of her students had forgot to bring his own- as she addressed her students. "Now I know this might still be new to some of you, but not to worry. A human body is very normal and I find that exploring this way might-" The moment she turned around to face the class she felt her voice fail when she laid eyes upon the stranger in her classroom and her brushes dropped to the floor. "Mister Morgan." She said softly, her French accent shimmering through. He looked just as confused as he was and then it hit her. Mais non. Was he here for? Non non non. "Mister Morgan, are you here for?" She asked him after picking up the brushes in a haste and motioning to the centre of the room. Mon dieu please let him not be her model today.

Outfit

Victoire Cartier-Lavigne
IC posts : 4

Quote : soyez courageux et bienveillants

Victoire Cartier-Lavigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:13 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
As far as he knew, he had never even been inside the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. There was nothing for him to do or see here. His job never required him to be here, nor did he particularly want to be around all the eccentric, artsy types. It made it so that he barely knew his way around and had to find the designated classroom by following the signs scattered around the faculty. Even then, he had no idea what to expect from all of this.

Until he arrived at the actual room in question. It took him a few seconds to arrive at a conclusion, but once he did, he felt this horrible sinking feeling. Apparently, one of his co-workers had jokingly set him up to be a nude model for a bunch of art students who were supposed to learn a little something about human anatomy today. For a second, there was only this sheepish, thousand-yard stare. Was he actually supposed to do this? Or had she just wanted to startle him a little bit? He was sure that there were at least three school policies advising against this. Then, the lecturer spoke up, asking him what he was doing here. He raised his brows a little bit. “I, uh… I was supposed to…” he started off, first pointing at the door, then vaguely motioning at the class. “Someone asked me to be here today. For some reason.” Hopefully, it was not the reason he was currently thinking off.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoire Cartier-Lavigne Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:51 pm
To kiss in downtown bars was all we needed, You drew stars around my scars but now I'm bleeding
There weren't a whole lot of models available for the Arts and Humanities faculty to choose from. Most of the time they weren't even available. It often resulted in Victoire having to ask one of her friends to stand in, which they were kind enough to do. Imagine her surprise when the university had let her know they arranged one for today and he'd definitely show up.

If only it had been an actual model. Not another -rather notorious- lecturer that everyone knew before even meeting him, including her. For a while she could only stare at him as she pondered on what to do now. This was a disaster waiting to happen. He told her someone had asked him to be here today, which hadn't been her. "I see." She said softly, still frozen to the ground. As her gaze traveled through the many eyes on her she knocked some sense into herself. "Class, why don't you converse about what you think will be the trickiest part of this class?" She said as she walked up to Asher and motioned him to go outside with her. "Please tell me you're not the model that was assigned to this class." She told him, still clutching onto the paintbrushes for dear life.

Outfit

Victoire Cartier-Lavigne
IC posts : 4

Quote : soyez courageux et bienveillants

Victoire Cartier-Lavigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:56 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
When his co-worker had suggested he come to the faculty in the afternoon to fulfil his dare, he hadn’t exactly expected anything of this sort. He supposed that she would make him do some boring administrative tasks for her, or that she would just make him grab her coffee. This… This was actual punishment, and he wasn’t sure what he had done to deserve it.

Sheer internal panic struck when he figured out what he was supposed to do. Still, he managed to keep himself looking calm and collected by telling himself that this was just some stupid prank. His colleague had just meant to scare him a little bit, and the actual model would show up any given second now… Except no one came. Class was starting, and he was here, standing around like an idiot. The lecturer put her class on hold and came up to him, begging him to tell her that he was – in fact – not the model for today’s class. “I sure as hell hope not,” he hastily said, a little under his breath so that the students wouldn’t hear. He had only worked here for a while and he didn’t know any of these people, but that couldn’t mean he could just… do this. He didn’t even want to. “I was just told to be here at two o’clock sharp because they needed volunteers.” Jesus Christ, why hadn’t he just asked what she had wanted him to do before going?
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum