Queen's College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Een widget
Endorsed Forums
Link partners
Link partners
Link partners

Can't afford failure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:21 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
Well, it appeared that there was still a ton she had to do to catch up, or well, if she wanted to finish her education around the same time as the others. Something she did want, even if studying wasn’t something she particularly liked doing.. But at least it would probably keep her busy enough to not get too distracted by some of her old habits. And because she took this chance she would be able to build a better future for herself, she knew that. It wasn’t something she knew she wanted, not until someone offered it to her. The only tricky thing was that she now owed it to him to earn back his invested money, which meant that failing also wasn’t an option.

And right now, one of those steps in making sure she wasn’t going to fail, was making sure she would catch up on one of the lessons she missed. To do that, she had to speak to one of the teachers who was giving those lessons to ask him if she could still join in on them, somehow. It had been a very long time since had attended school, and well, to be fair, she didn’t quite know what the hell she was doing. Her own parents would have never been able to pay for a school this good, which also meant that was in no way prepared. No, she was just lucky, or something like that..

When she came to the classroom the door was standing wide open, and when she peeked her head around the corner it seemed empty as well. Except for one person, who was probably the one she was looking for, if she had to guess. ”Are you Asher Morgen?” She asked as she walked into the room, her hips moving very feminine without thinking about it, as it was something she did almost automatically.

Tag: ASHER MORGEN
Alisandra Elsevier
IC posts : 35

Quote : Too cold for you to keep her, too hot for you to leave her.

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:36 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
Most days at the university were pretty dull now that all the novelty had worn off. He’d been working here for a few months now, which meant that he was starting to get into the daily grind of it all. Wake up, have breakfast, drive his way here, and spend the rest of the day sitting in his office reading and writing papers. It wasn’t all that interesting, to be honest, especially not compared to his previous job. But Asher supposed that the lack of excitement was exactly what was good for him now. Even if it didn’t always feel that way.

Asher was standing at the lectern in the college hall, suffering through the fifteen minutes after the lecture during which students got to ask him all kinds of questions. Some were about the curriculum or the exam and, as such, fairly easily answered. Others were the kind of questions that demanded far more time than fifteen minutes, but he wasn’t exactly planning on staying here any longer than he absolutely needed to. While most students were friendly and he truly wished he could give them all the time they needed, he had a shitload of work to take care of himself.

He let out a relieved breath when he told the final student that he would answer her question during next week’s lecture, which seemingly left her satisfied for now. She thanked him and walked off, after which he started clearing the lectern in order to go back to his office and resume reading through the couple of papers he still needed to grade. But someone else came walking up to him, asking him whether he was Asher Morgan. He lifted a brow. “Yes, I am,” he confirmed, quickly looking her up and down. She didn’t exactly look like your average student, nor could he say that he’d seen her before. And she definitely had the kind of face he would remember. “What can I do for you?” Fortunately for her, she also had the kind of face that made him stick around just a little longer.
code made by kahlua of caution
Asher Morgan
IC posts : 47

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:24 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
It was still a bit strange to be walking around here, it almost felt a bit as if she needed to act like someone she wasn’t, or rather someone she hadn’t been for quite some time. And it would probably take some adjusting. Or well, it already did, given that she had to leave behind a great many things she did back in Italy. Something that wasn’t going to be easy on top of everything she still had to do. But she was just going to start doing it, and stay strong along the way, as she had always been that through everything.

The man who was standing inside the college hall was definitely not an unly man, certainly not for his age. Well, just something that was allowed to be noted, right? She gave him a soft smile with a slight hint of playfulness in her eyes while she moved her weight a bit from one leg to the other, crossing her arms over each other. Yeah, well, she saw him checking her out as well, soo.. Not that she could blame him though, not with what she was wearing. It was quite far from being prudish and maybe a bit too adult compared to what other students were wearing. Yet, it wasn’t that bad either, and well, it was at least a lot more decent compared to what she used to wear a lot. ”Well, I’m actually new here and I just started, so I missed a few lessons and they told me to find you.. Saying you might be able to help me out.” She said, and well, a few lessons was maybe a little understatement here. The slight italian accent she had picked up was shining through her words as well, giving slight hints as to where she came from. Except for the fact that it wouldn’t actually be entirely true.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:39 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
A wide variety of students was attending QCL. All types of people from all corners of the world, gathered here in pursuit of knowledge. Or, at least, that was the way the university marketed itself towards the outside world under the guise of promoting diversity in the academic world. In reality, however, Asher was noticing that a large part of the students here consisted of snobby aristocrats who preferred to hide within their elitist bubbles where they were safe and sound from people who hadn’t been raised by absent, overworked parents and a team of underpaid nannies.

From the way she stood there, Asher could already guess that this was a woman who was used to getting what she wanted if only she pouted and batted her eyelashes at someone. She was certainly laying it on thick right now, forcibly drawing his attention to her hips as she not-so-subtly switched from side to side. He forced himself to look into her eyes as she went on to explain that she had just started, and that she was hoping to catch up seeing as she had missed a few lessons. Her accent reminded him of his ex. Or one of them, at least. “Sure,” he eventually spoke, “I could just redo the entire lecture for you right now. Or better yet, I could come to your place and repeat everything I did during the past few weeks just for you. How’s that sound?” Of course, he was completely sarcastic. If she truly wanted to pass a course, she should have simply attended the subjects the way literally every other student had. Why did she deserve special treatment?
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:17 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
Yes, one could definitely say that she was someone who was used to getting everything she wanted with the use of a little charm, that was most certainly true. But one could also say that she was someone who worked hard to achieve her goals, and who wasn’t afraid to get her hands a bit dirty from time to time, if that was what it had to cost. She wasn’t going to let anyone stand in her way, even though she was sometimes perfectly capable of doing that herself though. Which was probably also particularly the reason why she was here as well.. Because before this, she had actually fucked up her life, quite literally in some senses.

His reaction, however.. It wasn’t one she had accounted for and for a moment that was perfectly visible on her face as well. No, she actually found it to be quite rude, as she had no trouble with sensing the sarcasm in his tone. And the playful little shimmer in her eyes disappeared as smoke before his. She softly closed her surprised mouth and huffed shortly, looking away for a moment to think about how she was going to get back at him. ”Fine, I wasn’t even going to ask you to do that, but well, if you insist.” She said, giving him the very same sarcasm he had given her. Her green eyes now piercing him with attitude. ”Just remember me not to ask you again nicely.” She then added a bit salty. ”Or do you want me to go look for someone else who can help me?” Well, honestly, if he did, she would. Because she wasn’t going to let him treat her like that.  

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:36 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
Apparently, this woman thought she could just strut into the lecture hall, ask him to catch up on a couple of lectures, and that would be the end of it. There was a reason that there were lectures scheduled every week, at a set time and place, for a set number of people. Asher had no idea what made her so special that she could just drop into the program nearly halfway through the year and demand to be taught all the material she had missed, but to him, it was ridiculous. It wouldn’t surprise him if mommy and daddy had paid a lot of money to the university in order to get their useless daughter to do something worthwhile with their life.

He met her request with some sarcasm, wondering what she even expected of him in all of this. That he would redo the lectures for her? That he would sign her up for the course despite the exam being in less than a month from now? The university was quite adamant about not making exceptions for students who had forgotten to sign up for subjects, so why should he oblige her? Instead of pouting and whining, however, the brunette went into offense. Apparently, she had quite the attitude on her. There were only a few who would talk to a lecturer this way, and for most of them it wouldn’t end well. Asher frowned, cocking a single brow at her. “No one can help you,” he promptly informed her. “There’s rules, and they apply to everyone. You’ve nearly missed an entire semester, if you wanna catch up, you’ll have your chance next year.” And that was simply the way it was going to be. He then continued putting his things into his briefcase.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:31 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
 To her own belief, she had just asked him nicely if he would have been able to help her with some catching up on information she probably needed for the rest of the year, she never asked him to redo all of his lectures, not like that. But it turned out that even a little help was already a bit too much to ask and well, Ally was rather quickly frustrated by it. Maybe a little too quickly even as she couldn't help herself but respond with a little attitude towards him. Not at all the smartest move, she knew.

"Alright fine then, if no one can help me I'll just do it myself.. I'll succeed on my own without anyone's help.. And I will make you regret being a big old grump to me after I do that." She, a little too hot headedly, threw at him, raising her voice so that it could be heard by people passing by the door. Turning around on her feet as her dark hair swept through the air in front of him before she stormed out and slammed the door a little too dramatically. Right outside she stopped and managed to dig her fingernails into the palm of her hand, in an attempt to slow down her anger in the hallway. Knowing damn well that she lied because, truth be told, she still didn't know what the fuck she was doing, or how she was going to do it.. And she was panicking, internally. But, as usual, there was no one out there who was willing to help her and she would just have to find a way.. Maybe a different way. Her breath was still going fast but slowly calming down a little. However, she had forgotten that he had been about to leave the room and she was still standing in front of the door.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:14 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
Asher wasn’t sure what she wanted him to do. The enrolment deadline for his current courses were long expired and he had been explicitly told that there were no exceptions to be made, unless there were cases of force majeure. And even then, it wasn’t as if he could redo five lectures just for one person. His time was valuable too, even if no one here seemed to think so. Instead of accepting the facts, however, the brunette decided to be more difficult about all of it.

Then, she said that she would just help herself. And she would make him regret being ‘a big old grump to her’. Asher lifted a single brow, briefly eyeing the people in the distance that were now giving them some concerned looks. De-escalation had never been his strongest suit, but at least a few months of AA-meetings had helped him learn to think first and react later. So, instead of yelling back at her, he watched her yell, storm off, and slam the door. Asher took in a deep breath, packed the rest of his things, and eventually left. But there she was, still right in front of the door. She still looked like she was fuming, but at least most of the students had already left now. “You alright?” he asked  her. Maybe he could extend a helping hand towards her, despite his limited ability to help out here. “Listen, I don’t mean to be an asshole, but there’s only so much I can do for you.” Maybe he could get her to enrol into the subject at the last minute, but even then, there wasn’t much time left before the exam.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:41 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
Maybe it had all sounded a little too good, going back to school so that she could learn about doing international business for a man who had been willing to invest in her future. Maybe this was just another big mistake she could add to all the bad ones she had already made. Maybe, if it sounded a little too good to be true, well, it probably was. Or.. This teacher was just an asshole. And well, if he wasn’t going to help her, she could just find herself someone who would, by all means necessary. One way or another, she was going to get this done, even if it was just to prove to him that she wasn’t a brainless piece of shit.

But, as always, controlling her emotions and frustrations wasn’t really her strongest point, which already became pretty evident after her short explosion towards him. And the fact that he managed to stay calm and relaxed frustrated her even more in the moment. So, she went for the emergency dramatic exit, not wanting to waste anymore time on him. But, to do that, she should have probably walked away. She had been far too busy with trying to calm herself down, so she only noticed him again when he asked her if she was alright. ”I’m fine,” She spat out, throwing out some of her last frustrations. After which she did - miraculously - managed to listen to him. Her eyes quickly checked their environment, to see if anyone was close enough to listen, before taking a deep breath. ”I’m sorry.. I..” She started, but it was clear to see that she had some trouble opening up. It was something she truly hated. ”I just have no idea where to start and.. Well, I just hoped that would have been able to point me somewhere in the right direction.. I promise I can take it from there, I’ll work hard.” She now more calmly said, trying to explain what she had been wanted to say in the first place. And her eyes now showed a bit more seriousness than before, with maybe somewhere a hint of desperation.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:10 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
Asher wasn’t necessarily meaning to make other people’s lives more difficult than they needed to be. He had done plenty of that in the past already. Even though he didn’t show it all the time, he did want to do right by his students, or at least the ones who were seriously trying to get ahead in life. But walking up to him – not before but after class – and demanding that he bend over backwards in order to accommodate her wasn’t something he was very pleased with. Still, he figured that he had been rather harsh. For all he knew she did have a good reason to come into the academic year this late.

He took a little time to sort out his thoughts, putting away his things as he allowed the frustration to subside. Asher was prone to getting angry rather quickly, which was something he had tried to get a grip on lately. Fortunately for the both of them, or this whole situation might have gotten a lot worse. The brunette herself had seemed pretty hot-headed as well, which definitely did not make for a great combination.

Honestly, he didn’t expect her to still be here once he walked out, but she was. He took her for the type to go straight to the principal’s office and make a complaint about him instead, which may very well get him fired. After all, he was on thin ice already. She told him she was fine, even though she didn’t seem that way. He decided it was for the best not to point that out to her. Then, surprisingly, she offered him her apologies, right before assuring him that she would do whatever it took. Briefly, he bit his lip. “I can try to make an exception and enrol you in the course…” he eventually said, not sure why he felt the need to do this for her. “But the exam’s in two weeks, and you’ve missed a lot.” She was going to have to lock herself away in the library for the weeks to come if she still wanted to pass somehow.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:03 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
It wasn’t that Ally had ended up working in stripclubs because she was dumb, because she wasn’t. She only ended up there because she made some dumb decisions in her life, and for those she probably had her emotions to blame. Because yes, she was a little too quick with responses sometimes, letting her emotions get the better of herself most of the time, being the little firecracker that she was. Which was exactly what had happened here too.

And she knew that too, she knew it had been wrong. Yet, admitting to it wasn’t something she could do. The only thing she could do was apologize for her behaviour, though that was probably pretty much the same thing as admitting that you were wrong. Oh well.. He could have it, even if she wasn’t all too happy about giving it. But, as it turned out, her last try wasn’t one in vain since he could try to make an exception. Her green eyes looked back up at him, giving him a slight smile as it appeared that mister grumpy was able to show at least a little sympathy. ”Alright, I’ll do my best then. But like I said; I work hard. I won’t make you regret it.” She told him, widening her smile a little more. And well, that was the truth. If she had to spend the next two weeks locking herself up in her room with books, if that was what it took, she would do it. She wasn’t allowed to fail this opportunity, and well, while she didn’t like studying at all, she did like a challenge.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:34 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
There had to be a certain degree of entitlement for someone to walk up to a lecturer and demand to be caught up to the course work, even if you were the one who hadn’t signed up in time. At the same time, it also took a hell of a lot of nerve, which was certainly something Asher could bring himself to admire. He liked people who talked back at least a little bit, who did not allow themselves to be trampled by others. But yelling and causing a scene in a lecture hall was perhaps a tad bit excessive.

Finally, he got a smile from her. She assured him once more that she would work hard. Asher wasn’t so worried about his career hinging on her academic success moving forward, but rather on the fact that there were very clear rules that he was now about to break for no particular reason. “Very well,” he said. If she wanted to put in the work, who was he to stop her? He reached for his pocket, pulling out his phone. “What’s your name? I’ll try and get you enrolled as soon as I get back to my office,” he said, opening the notes app in order to take down her name. “And do you have the literature already?” He supposed not, if she wasn’t even enrolled in the subject to begin with. Still, he was quite sure he still had a spare copy of the book lying around his office that she could borrow.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:23 am
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
This time, however, it seemed as if her little burst of emotion, no matter if it had been right or not, had been able to get her the desired outcome. Not something she had plannen though, she never actually wanted to respond like this, she just did. But well, she had apologized for it, and she hoped he would be able to forget about her calling him a big old grump. Though, she did still look at him like that. Ally wasn’t the forgive and forget kinda girl. Forgive maybe, but never forget.

Her little smile came back when he pointed out a possibility to still enroll her in the course, but she had to work hard, which she said she would do. Ally was many things, but she was able to work her ass off, if necessary, and with the right motivation. And well, motivation was something she had, certainly now. But even without the intention of wanting to prove him wrong, she still couldn’t afford to fail because there was much more at play. ”Ally- Uhm.. Alisandra Elsevier.” She said, almost wanting to use her nickname as she always did, most of all because she didn’t like her own name. Her eyes shortly looked around again, making sure nobody was listening in on them, making her look a bit nervous. ”No, not yet, they told me my books would arrive somewhere this week but they couldn’t tell me exactly when.” Ally honestly decided to tell him while quickly biting her lip, cause well, that could possibly be a problem.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:39 am
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
It wasn’t as if he didn’t have plenty of things to do already. There were papers to be graded, an article to be written, lectures to be prepared, students to be supervised. Not to mention all the tedious administrative task he needed to somehow fit in between all that. He supposed that arguing with a member of the faculty board about whether this young woman could still enter this particular subject would have to be squeezed in there somewhere as well. He doubted they would make an exception, though, unless he made up some sob story for them and… No, he wasn’t going to do that for her.

He didn’t doubt her abilities, per se, but it just didn’t really matter. If they allowed one student to bypass the rules without sufficient reason, then all the others would come complaining. It would simply be unfair. Asher noted down her name in his phone and nodded. “I’ll ask the board today,” he muttered, not exactly looking forward to having that conversation. He asked her whether she already possessed the required literature to study for the exam, already kind of expecting the answer she would give him. Asher was so close to letting out an exasperated sigh, but he found himself briefly distracted with the way she bit her lip. Forcibly, he snaped out of it and nodded. “You can take mine,” he offered, “but I do expect it back.” Why was he so charitable all of a sudden?
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:46 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
Oh well, she supposed that lecturers had a rather busy schedule as well, but it was probably not even close to how busy she had to be these next weeks. And her future depended on it, soft of. So yes, she did appreciate the help, which was also why she came to him in the first place, only he had to be an asshole at first. Oh and sure, if she could have signed up for the courses earlier, she of course would have done so. But one week ago she was still working in stripclubs in Italy, so, yeah.. She never had that luxury. The man who paid for her education had paid the school a lot to get her in, however, he didn’t know that, ofcourse.

”Thank you.” She told him with a smile when he said he would ask the board today, and well, if they didn’t agree with it she might have to have a conversation with them as well. Surely she would eventually be able to convince them, somehow. Without even realising it she softly bit her lip when she told him about now having the books yet, and.. It almost seemed like he got a little distracted? Right, well, that was something she could use to her advantage but for now she wasn’t going to give it any attention. ”Alright, well, I’ll give it back then.” She said, the corners of her mouth slightly pulling up, maybe even giving him a little bit of a smirk. Yet, with her eyes she tried to seem as innocent as possible. ”As soon as I get my own books.” She added, to reinforce her words a bit more. After which she patiently began waiting for him to move, maybe in the direction of where he would have the book so she could take it with her.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:30 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
Asher could imagine how a lecturer who would concern themselves with every individual student’s trouble would get easily overwhelmed by everything. Some of them would gladly take care of their own business, while others were a little too eager to e-mail him a hundred times after work hours, or to follow him to his office after a lecture. He couldn’t recall himself ever being so annoying during his university years. He had always put in the work all alone, even when he hadn’t really needed to.

Hearing a ‘thank you’ from her was nice, at least. It turned out that cooling off and reacting from a place of calm rather than anger did pay off every now and then. For some reason, he even felt like taking it a step further and actually helping her out, even if he wouldn’t have done so for most other students. How strange. She promised to return the book once she got her own, to which he nodded. “Follow me,” he said, heading towards his office on the second floor.

Once there, he went inside and placed his briefcase onto the desk. “Should be here somewhere…” he muttered as he walked up to the massive bookcase and looked through it for a familiar title. “Why did you register so late anyway?” he decided to ask. Knowing the answer might help him in his appeal to the board. Unless, of course, she had only jumped in so late because of some ridiculous reason.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:04 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
No one had actually ever told her how things were done at a university, and the fact that she ran away as a teenager maybe could have had something to do with that. She never expected to be standing here, or even go back to school. But when she was younger she always had good grades, even if she was constantly causing all kinds of mischief around her old neighborhood. She used to have quite a reputation, but she always managed to get one wherever she went.. This time would probably not grow out to be so different.

The little ‘thank you’ she gave him was probably well deserved, since she didn’t think he would do this for every other student. As that was one thing she did realize by this point. She figured she could have explained her situation to him, but she wouldn’t do that, not unless he asked. Ally didn’t want to come across as that desperate, even though she had certainly been there, for a moment. When he asked her to follow him, she simply nodded, after which she began following him through the schoolhalls. Rocking her hips softly from left to right as she went. Her eyes shortly went over the other people who were walking the halls, people who were still mostly strangers to her.

Smoothly she followed him into his office, turning around for a moment to close the door behind her, almost a little automatically. Turning back around after that and looking at the man who was now searching his massive bookcase. His question didn’t really come as a surprise. ”Well, that’s quite a long story actually..” She started, curiously walking over to his desk before turning her body slightly and leaning against it with her leg. ”And I didn’t. Honestly, I didn’t expect to ever go back to school, not until someone made me an offer I couldn’t resist.. So, now I’m here.” She said, hoping it now didn’t sound too much like she had some kind of sugar daddy, which well, she actually had, basically. Otherwise she would have never been able to pay for all this.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:21 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
It couldn’t be easy, dropping into university for the first time nearly halfway through the year. Even for students who had registered on time for everything, the chance from secondary school to university was quite staggering. A lot of things were different, and QCL and its somewhat high standards expected its pupils to hit the ground running. While most introductory subjects weren’t the most difficult in theory, they still were a lot when it came down to the reading. A fat stack of books that you needed to know by heart within seven weeks, or you would be off to the worst start you could imagine.

Asher hoped for her sake that she would be able to not only keep up the pace, but also make up for what she had already missed. There was a reason the university advised against picking up too many subjects on one semester, but she was going to have to exceed that limit in order to catch up to the other students.

And he was glad to be the one walking in front. He had seen the way she swayed her hips earlier as she had strutted towards him, and he did not want to be brought into any sort of temptation. He’d been in too much trouble already. Once in the office, he decided to sate his curiosity by asking her why she had dropped in so late. Apparently, it was a long story. Something to do with someone who had made her an offer. For a second, he eyed her. “Someone offered to pay your tuition?” he gathered. Not so much because he knew her well enough to guess, but because he had done it for someone else in the past. His fingers eventually found the book he was searching for. A thick, boring-looking one titled ‘Principles of Microeconomics’. “There you go,” he said, dropping it into his desk with a loud thud. “I’d be thoroughly impressed if you managed to memorize all of that in two weeks.” He, for one, did not envy her at all.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:00 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
It was going to take her some weeks of locking herself up and studying almost non stop, she knew that. And right now the question still remains if she would be able to do it, but she was going to have to try. Or else she would have to drop a few subjects, even if that was something she didn’t really want to do. No, maybe somewhere deep down she also wanted to prove to herself that she could be something different, knowing deep down that she could do it. This was a rare opportunity and she was going to have to take it with both hands.

Inside his office she let her eyes curiously go over the little room, especially his desk. Not for any particular reason, oh no, certainly not. And well, it didn’t take too long before she directed her attention back to the man who was now asking her why she dropped in so late. Something she answered quite honestly as there was no reason to lie, but of course she didn’t mention to him that she used to be a stripper, or something like that.. However, if she came to think about it, she would actually love to see his reaction when she would tell him that. ”Yes. If I would eventually come to work for his company afterwards.” She told him, and well, maybe now there was a chance that he would be able to see some possible red flags. Ally already knew that she was being used, but to her that had sounded a lot better than living the rest of her life working in stripclubs.

When he turned back away from the bookcase she just stayed where she was, letting him approach the desk and drop the book on it. Her eyes following his moment for a moment in silence. Smiling a little at his next words while looking down for a moment, feeling some little sassy commentary bubbling up in her mind. ”Wouldn’t be the first time I thoroughly impressed a man.” She told him, looking back up into his eyes with a slight smirk. Oh yeah, she meant something by that. Her hand moved down to pick up the book and for a moment she studied it. ”And I actually do like a challenge.” Ally then admitted, still sounding a bit smug.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:41 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
It was nice to know that, at the end of the day, he could just go home and that would be it. At least, if he somehow managed to do all the things that were expected of him during the eight-hour window that he was at work. He usually managed, though, which meant that he could clock out at five, go home to his apartment, put his feet up and relax. The same didn’t always go for students, who always had the pressure of an upcoming exam or thesis hanging above their heads. No matter what they did or how late it was, they always knew that their time could also be spent on studying.

All buildings, and therefore the offices, of QCL were decorated in quite a classical manner. It looked sophisticated, sure, if not a little gaudy. There was a lot of hardwood, and even more seemingly ancient books, which he supposed were meant to give off the idea that this room could have looked nearly identical two centuries ago. The brunette, now known as Alisandra, had apparently received this endorsement so that she could be recruited to this mystery man’s company at the end of her studies. “What if you end up wanting to work somewhere else?” he asked her. It all seemed a little fishy to him.

He fetched her the book, after which she made a comment that he did not see coming at all. For a second, he was completely speechless. “Right…” he eventually said, feeling an urgent need to speak, even if he wasn’t saying much of anything. All of a sudden, he felt like a mouse trapped in a room with a tiger. He cleared his throat a little, hoping that she would be out of here in a matter of seconds now. “If you need any help, I’m sure your fellow students would be willing to give you their notes.” Because he desperately needed to talk about something else in order to distract himself from all the things going on in his head right now.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:28 pm
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
Ally was very well aware of the fact that she was in a very risky position here, one where most people wouldn’t want to find themselves in. She didn’t either, but it had been her way out. And it wasn’t like she wasn’t used to it, because she was already used to people using her in all kinds of ways. In the last few years people hadn’t done anything else but take advantage of her, maybe even to a point where she almost didn’t know any better. Which was probably a little sad.

His question shortly made her take a deep breath, as that wasn’t something she thought about just yet. Or well, she had, but the uncertainty of the outcome did frighten her a bit, secretly. Either way, it was maybe time for her to be a bit more cautious with her answers before he would start digging too deep into it. ”I won’t.” She said, trying to sound very certain about it, even though she was a terrible liar. Her eyes were always able to give it away. ”But, if that were to happen, I think I would just have to find a way to pay him back, somehow.” She eventually decided to say, still trying to sound like that wasn’t something that would actually happen. And that it wasn’t such a big deal. But she did give him a little side eye, maybe because another part of her did want him to notice something could be off.

The response she got to her little comment was absolutely priceless, and softly made her chuckle a little bit. ”Oh no, don’t worry, I was actually just joking.” Or well, not really though. But she wasn’t going to let him find out about that. No, maybe another time, or maybe never. However, he quickly decided to pick up another topic, maybe because he didn’t really know how to handle this one. Which, well, she could understand. ”Yes, I’ll be sure to give it a try when I get the chance.” She told him, now giving him a sweet smile again. After all, she could use all the help she could get right now.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:52 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
Slowly but surely, he was starting to think that he knew her. Not personally, but he was familiar with her type, at least. Her current situation was more than a little sketchy and, unconsciously, Asher was already jumping to conclusions as to what was going on with her. Maybe his own experiences coloured his ideas about her but curiously enough, he was approximating the truth quite a bit. Still, her situation was very different than the one he had been in several years ago. While he hadn’t expected anything of Afia after paying for her college tuition, Asher was getting the sense that this man did want something in return.

Apparently, it was for Alisandra to work for him, which sounded suspiciously innocuous to him. Paying for someone’s tuition wasn’t exactly cheap, so usually it did come with certain expectations. Whether it was employment, repayment, or… Well, something else entirely. And merely from looking at Alisandra, Asher could imagine what people might want from her. But she assured him that she would find a way to pay the man back if she did change her mind about wanting to work for him. “You think he’ll take no for an answer?” It wasn’t any of his business, but the look she gave him made him continue asking questions.

Her comment caused his brain to briefly short-circuit. These days, he wasn’t entirely sure what to do with such comments. A year prior, he might have acted on it, but now it would only serve to get him fired. She excused herself, telling him that she was merely joking. By now, it was very clear that he needed her to get out of here, though. He took in a deep breath, walking over to his briefcase in order to fidget with the lock a little, just so he had something to take his mind off of things. “Anything else I can do for you?” He sure as hell hoped not.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisandra Elsevier Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:52 am
I'm naughty by nature
like I'm Hip-Hop Hooray.
Truthfully, she found it rather hard to find a way to speak the truth without making it sound like something was a little bit strange about her situation. And another big problem was that Ally never wanted to ask for help, not when it came down to her personal problems. The girl had her walls up so high, she didn’t know how to break them down to let other people help her. She was so used to dealing with all her problems on her own, it had become a little problem in itself. Certainly when things would get out of control to a point where she wouldn’t be able to handle them herself anymore.

His next question managed to quiet her down all the sudden, not knowing a good way to respond to it without it sounding like she would be lying to him. At first she had been looking at him, but her eyes now became a bit more avoidant. The truth was, she didn’t know. She had met the man in a stripclub, which was certainly not a place where saints went, but she still didn’t know what else the man wanted from her. Only that he wanted her to work for him, but that was about the extent of it. Ally eventually swallowed, looking back up but still not giving an answer, which would already tell him enough, probably. His question already proved to her that he was smart enough to understand, but she couldn’t tell him.

And now even she could use a little distraction from everything, which was probably another one of the reasons why she decided to tease him a bit. Yet, it was also just a bit more just her personality, or so she guessed. But his reaction had been priceless nonetheless. It was also a good way to create some distance from him again, after everything she said, since he now seemed to feel a bit more uncomfortable around her. ”No, I think that’ll be it.” She said, now pressing the book against her front with a little sweet smile. Oh, how quickly her demeanor could change from one moment to another. ”So, I guess I’ll see you around then.” She then add, and with that she walked towards the door, hips still moving very femininely. Turning back to him for a moment when she opened the door, giving him another smile before opening the door and walking out of his office.

Alisandra Elsevier

Alisandra Elsevier

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Morgan Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pm
FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
AND LET IT KILL YOU
At the end of the day, what she was up to was really none of his business. If she had gotten into trouble with some shady businessman that now wanted to recruit her, so be it. She would be entirely on her own. If he were to concern himself with the personal problems of every single student he had, he would be burnt out in no-time. Besides, not everyone wanted to be helped in the first place. Asher thought it was best not to meddle, so he never really did. However, that didn’t exactly mean he wasn’t at least a little curious as to what was going on with her.

Still, he asked her whether this man would take no for an answer, after which she went quiet. That surely wasn’t a good sign. Her eyes darted away, towards some random point in the room. It turned out he had asked the wrong question, or the right one, depending on how you looked at it. Asher waited a little longer for an answer that never came, and eventually he received her message. She wasn’t going to tell him anything else. Asher just nodded in understanding.

It seemed like their little meeting was coming to an end, with her not elaborating on her circumstances, and Asher personally feeling like he was right in the lion’s mouth for being in a room with her at all. Maybe it would have been better just to not let her into the course, but he’d already made his promises. “Very well,” he spoke, nodding at her when she said she needed nothing at the moment. “See you at next week’s lecture then.” At least, if he managed to enrol her. He forcibly pulled his eyes away from her body as she walked up, flashing her an almost apologetic smile before she left the room. Fucking hell.
Asher Morgan

Asher Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum