Queen's College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Een widget
Endorsed Forums
Link partners
Link partners
Link partners

Dating on ice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Max Rutherford Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:38 pm
THIS IS OUR DECISION
TO LIVE FAST AND DIE YOUNG
To Max, Tinder was for sport. It was his hunting ground, or rather, an area for practice before he would move on to the real thing. A way for him to see whether he still had game. Not to mention that it was actually fun to go on dates every once in a while. He liked to pick some adventurous activities, because just grabbing a drink was just too boring for his taste. It was also a fantastic way to meet both wonderful and horrible people, and even if the date was absolutely terrible, at least he would probably get a good story out of it.

He was waiting in the small cabin next to the massive ice-skating rink that had been set up in Hyde Park for the Winter Wonderland Festival. It was here annually and he hadn’t put a single foot on the ice just yet, so he had decided to ask a girl out with whom he’d matched on Tinder. He had brought his own skates, so he stood there, hoping that she would actually show up. If not, he supposed he could always do a few rounds by himself, but that was nowhere near as fun, was it?
code made by kahlua of caution
Max Rutherford
IC posts : 35

Quote : I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw.

Max Rutherford

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariana Hughes Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:05 am
Tinder was a great invention. A relationship or an evening of fun, it was all up for grabs. For Ariana, it didn't really matter. She did not yet feel the need to settle down with someone. Maybe because she hadn't met the right person yet, maybe because she enjoyed her freedom a lot, or maybe because her ex-fiancé was still looking for contact with her. It didn't matter much to Ariana. A date could be a lot of fun. Ariana was quite picky, she valued someone's intelligence or humour. But hey, you don't need a brain for a one night stand.

Despite having only just started her study in London, she had scored a date. With a boy who had not been very far from her.  They had agreed to meet at a public location, so if he was a deranged maniac who had used someone else's photo, she could at least scream out for help. Dressed in her warm coat, her hat, her scarf and her skates in a bag, she walked along the circular skating ring. Her eyes skimmed along the people, but she could not discover him. Once more she picked up her phone and looked at his picture on Tinder. Her eyes glided over the crowd once more and finally she discovered him in a small cabin next to the skating ring. Thankfully, it was him. Ariana breathed a sigh of relief. With a bit of nerves in her stomach, yet full of confidence, Ariana walked up to him with.

"Hi...are you Max?" Ariana asked with a friendly smile, "I'm Ariana, from Tinder?" It was obviously the boy from Tinder, but she had to say something, right? "I have a confession to make..." Ariana said with twinkling eyes "On Tinder, I mentioned that I was a star at skating...but I forgot to mention that I was a star when I was seven. So...hopefully you can help me out a little bit." Maybe it was a bit daring to come right out and say it, but by making a witty remark at the beginning, Ariana could immediately guess whether this date was going to work out, or whether she would still have to come up with an excuse to leave.
Ariana Hughes
IC posts : 8

Quote : i love you but i love me more

Ariana Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Rutherford Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:20 pm
THIS IS OUR DECISION
His last relationship hadn’t exactly been a success, which is obviously why Margot and he had broken up eventually. For exes, though, they were still on pretty good terms. They spoke to each other still, could make jokes with one another, attended the same parties, and shared a few friends. There wasn’t any bad blood between them, just a shared understanding that it would never really work out between them romantically. That didn’t mean he couldn’t try and get together with her for the occasional shag, though.

But… he was moving on! To brighter horizons, hopefully. While Margot had been good fun, she was also a bit of a skank sometimes. A quality that he appreciated in himself more so than in the women he dated. He supposed he was a little old-fashioned that way. Now, he was waiting at the ice-skating rink for his Tinder date to show up. He had no idea what would come of it, but he was hoping for a hook-up at least. Maybe a friend with benefits if all went well.

He was scrolling through his phone until someone finally came up to him, asking whether he was Max. He smiled and stood up from the little bench he’d been seated up, which showcased his considerable height. “I am,” he confirmed with a charming, boyish smile on his face. “I can tell, yeah. You look exactly like your photos.” Which was a good thing, because they had been great photos. This was already a win in his book. Then, she said she had a confession to make. Right away, all kinds of horror scenarios shot through his head. She had just gotten out of prison. She was actually a man. She had just been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. But all she said was that she wasn’t all that great at ice-skating as she had made herself out to be on Tinder. Max chuckled in relief. “I go here every year and I’m still terrible,” he assured her, “so at least we’ll be embarrassing ourselves together.” Which obviously made it way more fun, right?
Max Rutherford

Max Rutherford

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariana Hughes Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:41 pm
It was always a surprise whether the person you met through Tinder would be who they claimed to be. But the person standing opposite her was exactly the boy she had spoken to on the app earlier that day. And that was a good thing, because he was good looking. Ariana had immediately confessed that she was actually not very good at skating. By his reaction, Ariana could gauge whether this date would be a success. And he did not disappoint her. He told her that he actually wasn't very good at skating either. A smile escaped from her mouth and she briefly put her hand in front of her mouth. "This sounds like the best idea to meet for the first time" she chuckled, a happy twinkle playing in her eyes. It was bound to be a lot of fun. "At least we're well prepared with our own skates, then we don't have to use those dirty, sweaty ones they have here" Ariana remarked.

She walked to one of the benches, which people could use to put on their skates. Ariana put down her plastic bag and fished out her skates. The skates were in her own size. Why did she have skates, even though she never skated? Because she was a rich kid. That's why. Ariana began to take off her shoes and figure out how to put the skates on. "Your tinder description said you're a student" Ariana then began "What are you studying? Have you been here at the university for long?" She hoped it didn't stand out too much that she actually had no idea what she was doing. As she waited for Max's answer, her eyes sneaked over to the girl next to her, to see what she was doing. Shit, she had just finished. But she didn't get any further than putting her shoes in and closing her laces. Was that it, then?
Ariana Hughes

Ariana Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Rutherford Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:24 pm
THIS IS OUR DECISION
There had been a few instances where Tinder had created quite a different image of a person for him than was the actual case. There had been a few instances where his Tinder date had been quite a bit heavier than he had expected, or where she’d had a different hair colour entirely. Some people also were able to make themselves look ten years younger than they actually were somehow. At least this girl looked like the one he had been chatting to online. She commended their joint idea to meet up here, which made him smile and nod in agreement. “Yeah, we best get onto the ice,” he said, staring at the ice-skate rental booth with a hint of disgust in his expression.

Max sat down again, this time to actually put on his ice skates. He should’ve probably gotten them sharpened beforehand, but well… Too late now. While taking off his shoes, he looked aside as she spoke again. “I’m doing history right now,” he answered, “but I’ve been at QCL for quite a few years now. Never really settled on a major I really liked, but I think I’m sticking to it this time.” He had switched courses twice already. At some point he was going to have to pick and settle, didn’t he? “And you?” he asked, trying to show some mutual interest. He was sure that she had her shit together a little more than he did. Most women seemed to do so.
Max Rutherford

Max Rutherford

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariana Hughes Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:09 pm
It was what it was. If Ariana broke her neck on the ice, they could continue their date in hospital. While Ariana was fastening her skates, Max was explaining what he was studying at Queen's College. The boy seemed very open to her and that intrigued her. She herself would have panicked if she hadn't known what she was going to study and her major was already decided when she came to this school. But he hadn't and everyone had to know that for themselves. Ariana could respect it though. "Cool. History was one of my favourite subjects in high school." He asked about her studies. "My major is law. I want to be a criminal lawyer later on. This is my first year." That was a pretty short answer, so she decided to give him some more information. "I think I'm pretty serious about my education, but I'm from Canterbury, a boring Christian town in the southeast of the country. And apart from being serious about my studies, I also want the full student experience. Parties and things like that. You know"

Ariana decided that her skates were attached well enough to her feet. With a sigh, she stood up and staggered on her ankles for a moment. Quickly and gently she grabbed Max's shoulder, but soon let go as soon as she regained her stability. She turned her head to him and looked at him confidently. "What do you think?" she began with a grin "Do you dare to go on that ring with me?"
Ariana Hughes

Ariana Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Rutherford Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:28 pm
THIS IS OUR DECISION
Max wasn’t here to impress anyone. Not with his ice-skating skills, at least. Those weren’t exactly anything worth bragging about. He was already glad that he could skate a few rounds without cracking his skull onto the ice, so he took his small victories wherever he could find them. No, his intention was to charm her with his personality rather than with his competence. The latter had never really worked out for him anyway. He smiled when she said history had been one of her favourite subjects. She herself, however, was studying to become a criminal lawyer. “Very impressive. It’s always good to have some ambition,” he noted, especially because he had none himself. He raised a curious brow when she said she hailed from a small, Christian town. Still, that didn’t prevent her from wanting to enjoy a couple parties here and there. “Well, then you’ve come to the right person,” he assured her. “Just text me if you ever wanna go out.” He would probably already be somewhere in the city, drunk out of his mind.

He got up on his feet, having to get used to the somewhat constrictive feeling of the skates. His date was a little unstable on her feet, though, and he made an effort to help her stay upright. “Got you,” he said, chuckling at her comment that followed. “Oh, absolutely. I’m not afraid to die,” he said, waving it off as if it was nothing. “Come on,” he said, holding out his hand for her to take, so they could awkwardly hobble towards the ice together.
Max Rutherford

Max Rutherford

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariana Hughes Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:07 pm
Ariana was enjoying herself. The boy had a smooth talk and it was fun to talk to him. He also seemed to be the person who could help her with her search for the nightlife in London. His eyebrow raising had not escaped Ariana's notice. "We did have parties though" Ariana said quickly "Only for example a nightclub or a bar was not something we had. But I think I will take advantage of that offer, so thank you" She smiled broadly at him. Good, now they had to focus on skating. The skates were attached and of course she was unstable, but luckily he was standing next to her, so she could grab him for a moment. Teasingly, Ariana had challenged him and asked if he still dared. He confirmed this and held out his hand. Gratefully, Ariana took his hand.

Clumsily, they waddled together to the edge of the skating rink. Ariana had to suppress a giggle; it felt so silly to walk on the floor wearing skates. When they had reached the edge, she let go of Max' hand and climbed very carefully onto the skating ring. It was extremely slippery and it took some time before she dared to let go of the railing. She carefully skated two metres forward, turned round very carefully and skated back again. However, Ariana had never learned to brake. Or well...she had learned, but now she had forgotten. And so she landed softly against the railing. However, the railing made a louder bang than she had hoped and embarrassingly, she laughed for a moment. "Well, that wasn't bad...though I may have to learn how to brake" she said, chuckling. She looked at Max expectantly. Perhaps they could take a spin around the ring if they had mastered skating.
Ariana Hughes

Ariana Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Rutherford Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:21 pm
THIS IS OUR DECISION
Max was well aware of the fact that many people found dating to be a stressful thing. There were tons of things to worry about, such as leaving a good impression, looking good, and keeping the conversation going. Max was hardly ever anxious when going on a date, though. He knew he was approachable and fairly easy to get along with, which made it all a lot less nerve-wracking. It helped that he was growing quite curious about her, being raised in this small Christian town and all. “What kind of parties did you have?” he asked, looking right at her. Did they sit around and read the Bible together?

Together, they headed for the edge of the skating rink. He knew that the first few steps would be the trickiest. He always needed some time to get used to the feeling of standing on slippery ice. Max made sure to hold onto the railing as he stepped on, unconsciously holding his breath while doing so. As soon as he felt like he had some kind of control, he let go again. He smiled as his date skated for a bit. “You’re a pro!” he commended her, but it seemed as if it was a little premature. She collided with the railing, making him gasp in concern at first. Her comment made him smile again, though. “Nah, who needs to brake anyway?” he casually said, after which he skated forward for a few meters. He went slowly, until he felt more comfortable. Then, he tried to brake and completely lost his balance, causing him to fall sideways onto the ice. Ouch.
Max Rutherford

Max Rutherford

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariana Hughes Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:31 pm
Oh no. Now she had to tell about the parties they had in Canterbury. Ariana thought for a moment and then started talking: "Okay, so our parents are Christian and would often go and eat together on Saturdays. And then we would go and meet at someone's place. Well, then the usual things like drinking. And then when those parents came home, we would often go to a secluded place." For a moment, Ariana was silent. "That sounds pretty dull, doesn't it?" She chuckled briefly. Maybe it was dull, but for the teenagers in Canterbury it was reality. And she had always had fun. The Christian life was not for her, maybe that's why she had become an atheist.

But anyway. Now she had to focus on skating. She had just banged into one of the sides. The sound had been louder than she had expected, so Ariana had looked around in shame for a moment. Max also seemed to be startled for a moment, but recovered herself. Who needed brakes too? Max went forward a bit himself. It went quite well...until he himself fell. Ariana's mouth formed an O shape and with her clumsiest skating skills she moved forward to help him. However, she didn't know how to brake either, so she landed right next to him. "We kinda suck, don't we?" she laughed out loud. Carefully she got up and held out her hand, helping him stand up. "[b]So...do you dare to take a lap with me now, and maybe bump into more things and maybe even get a cup of hot chocolate there? Unless we shoot everywhere of course..." It didn't matter to her, this date was fun!
Ariana Hughes

Ariana Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum