Queen's College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Een widget
Endorsed Forums
Link partners
Link partners
Link partners

How dare you want more?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Thijs van der Linde Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:16 pm
WHO AM I
WITHOUT THIS WEIGHT ON MY SHOULDERS?
How was she not seeing him? Had he changed that much over the past few years? It wasn’t as if he had altered his appearance all that much, but maybe he had visibly aged ever since he had last seen her. Still, he would have thought that she would recognize him by now. And she came here pretty often, too! Not once had she said ‘hi’, or had even looked at him. She was always sitting there, at the table with her nose buried in her laptop or in a book. Apparently, they were far more interesting than him.

Eventually, he decided that enough was enough. He wasn’t sure whether she actually just hadn’t seen him, or whether she was boldly ignoring him every single time she came here. In that case, he would have guessed that she would stop coming here, though. Thijs decided to pick up her table for today and walked over, sitting down opposite her quite abruptly. “I’m still waiting for the day you’re gonna say hello to me,” he ever-so-casually remarked. If she was going to ignore him even now that he was sitting directly in front of her, he supposed he had his answer.
code made by kahlua of caution
Thijs van der Linde
IC posts : 10

Thijs van der Linde

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoire Cartier-Lavigne Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:51 pm
To kiss in downtown bars was all we needed, You drew stars around my scars but now I'm bleeding
Once she had started working at the university she had been in need of a new coffee place. Preferably someplace close and that actually knew how to brew good coffee. One of her colleagues had pointed her in the direction of the Black and Broom and ever since then, it had been her regular hangout when she wanted to get a cuppa.

Today was like all others for her, she was done teaching quite early in the morning, which left her with a lot of free time. She had decided to get herself a coffee first, before going back to the art classrooms to work. With her nose deep in a book, she wouldn't have noticed the waiter if he hadn't sat down. She looked up and as she did, she felt her heart drop. All she could do was look at him in shock, feeling her breath hitch as she did so. "Thijs." She whispered eventually, the sound barely loud enough to hear. Her head was starting to turn and she felt like she was going to be sick. She looked like she was too. "Do you have any water?" She uttered, her voice dying out at the end.

Outfit

Victoire Cartier-Lavigne
IC posts : 4

Quote : soyez courageux et bienveillants

Victoire Cartier-Lavigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Thijs van der Linde Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:15 pm
WHO AM I
WITHOUT THIS WEIGHT ON MY SHOULDERS?
Thijs wondered whether he would have come work here if he had known Victoire also taught at this particular university. The Black & Bloom was extremely close to the QCL campus, which made for good business. A lot of students came to visit on the daily and, as it turned out, so did the lecturers. It was a small world, apparently, seeing as he had never expected to run into the likes of Victoire here. A woman who had walked out of his life permanently.

For the past couple of weeks, she had pretended he wasn’t there. Either that, or she truly had not seen him at all, which seemed difficult to believe. He didn’t particularly feel the need to come up and talk to her either, though, so he had left it like that. Until it grew increasingly bothersome that she just not seemed to notice him, to the point that he was genuinely worried for her eyesight. Eventually, he decided to just sit across from here. And finally, she noticed. “Water?” he repeated, furrowing his brows. “Really?” After all these years, that was the first thing she said? Thijs sighed, got up, and fetched her a tall glass of water. “There you go.” Apparently, his appearance was that shocking to her.
code made by kahlua of caution
Thijs van der Linde
IC posts : 10

Thijs van der Linde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum